Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Powdered Peanut Butter?

Hello Internet!

Recently while shopping at my local grocery store, I was craving peanut butter and bananas (aka one of the best combinations to exist). Peanut butter is one of my favorite foods and I usually buy organic all natural peanut butter. However I have heard a lot about PB2, a powdered peanut butter and was thrilled when I discovered that my grocery store carries it. I bought it for $5.99 for 6.5 ounces, this is definitely more expensive than your average $3.00 16 oz jar. When I got home I prepared myself some PB2 with carrots and bananas. All you have to do is mix 2 tablespoons of the PB2 and 1 tablespoon of water and simply stir. It then starts to look like a drier, thicker peanut butter. As for the taste, it tasted just like peanut butter, the only difference I noticed was it wasn't as oily as a standard jar of peanut butter but I quite enjoyed the less oily consistency.


So should you buy PB2? In my opinion, yes you should definitely give it a try. Here are my reasons why:
  • It tastes good
  • Only ingredients are: Roasted Peanuts, Sugar, Salt 
  • Gluten Free
  • Kosher
  • 45 Calories for 2 Tablespoons compared to 190 Calories for 2tbsp of standard peanut butter
  • 85% Less Fat Calories
  • They make a chocolate PB2!!!
  • Its kinda fun to see the powder turn into peanut butter right before your eyes ;)
If you have or decide to try PB2 let me know what your opinion on this product is!

xoxo,
Taylor

*picture is not my own
*not sponsered by PB2
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment